Monday, April 18, 2011

4/15/11 - 4/18/11

(28/93) Mountian View 4/15/11 Thought a lot about perspective today and the desire I have not to be pessimistic. Read this interesting quote today, “The same world that hurts you if you touch a stove wrong or fall off a cliff, let’s you use the hot burner to cook bacon and climb a mountain to enjoy the view.” I want to look for the best in everything; yes I want to get better at that. A beautiful example of a positive thinker in my life is my niece Lyndsey. It happens to be her Birthday today 4/15, which is probably why I am thinking so much about being hopeful. She radiates hope and is always pushing me to continue to hope and have faith even in the unseen. Happy Birthday to my beautiful niece. (29/93) A sister is a forever friend. ~Author Unknown I love my sister Jean and today 4/16/11 is her birthday. My sister reminds me of many things like keeping a tender heart, being compassionate, and meeting people where they are at in life. She has always been a great encouragement and support to me and I can’t imagine life with out her. (30/93) Mayday Hardware & Supply Co, Brooklyn 4/17/11 Such a beautiful sunny day today. I took a trip down to my local hardware store and felt so inspired by the plants. I would like to have an herb garden. (31/93) 4/18/11 I was looking at this picture today and remembering the first time I blew on a dandelion. I was standing in the yard on Lake Shore Drive and I thought it was magical. I loved that special time I had there with my great grandmother Bobby. It was such a short season of my life and yet it left such a profound effect on me. I still miss her every day and wish I could have shared more of my life with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment