Saturday, May 15, 2010

Goodbyes

These last two weeks have been a time of goodbyes for me which are never much fun. I find hello much more enjoyable. But…

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan, Annie

Some of the goodbyes were unexpected such as our favorite tree out front of our apartment. We had a very windy day and I came home from work to find pieces and parts of it spread all over the sidewalk.





And I woke the next morning to find that the city decided to just take the whole tree away. So sad…I loved that tree.



Then there was our dear friends the Gillen Family as they left for their big move to Austin Texas this week. Some of my fondest memories here in Brooklyn have been hanging out at their apartment. I couldn’t stop taking pictures as I took my last trip over there to bid them farewell.



Man's feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell. ~Jean Paul Richter



Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes. ~Henry David Thoreau



Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends. ~Richard Bach



No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth. ~Robert Southey

No comments:

Post a Comment