Wednesday, June 23, 2010

6/23/10

And so my birthday continues as birthdays sometimes do….

Today one of my work colleagues and friends brought me a lovely dessert from the Delicatessan Gourmet Food located in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn.





Brighton Beach has a large population of Russian immigrants so I have always been fascinated with it as I have with other condensed neighborhoods here in the city. You can imagine my childlike excitement by this dessert as I knew it was made at a Russian bakery. Nothing beats a cross-cultural experience through the joys of chocolate.


I told everyone in the office I was featuring this on my blog so they decided to make fun of me for taking a picture of the bag as they just couldn’t see where my excitement was coming from….



But they soon caught onto my vision and my Russian co-worker wrote this message for me…



Apparently it is something along the lines of Happy Birthday or so she says ;)

Then in the afternoon they surprised me with a delicious ice cream cake and the Residents sang Happy Birthday to me. It was special and a moment I will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment