Friday, February 5, 2010

Winter Jammin Preparation

Winter Jammin': Central Park's annual Winter Jam is taking place this weekend, and will feature local snowboarders, along with music. They created snow for this event even though it turns out we are suppose to get snow this weekend. I went down today to check out the creation of this snow and preparation for this event…

http://www.nycgovparks.org/sub_things_to_do/events/winterjam/index.html

As you can see from my pictures below they had quite a bit of snow already created by the time I got down there. I was very curious as to the whole process but there really wasn’t any one around to ask.



This next one really captures what most project sites look like at least from my observations…one man working and a whole lot of people standing around watching.



I did find this sign below humorous…that these “conditions” were manmade yet the sign really almost seems to point blame on mother nature. They didn’t fool me! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment