Sunday, January 10, 2010

FAO Schwarz

Today I decided to stop by FAO Schwarz. For over a year I lived minutes from there but you know I have waited until I moved to Brooklyn to finally go.



Found this picture here of Frederick August Ottoe Schwarz himself, a very attractive man.



They have a little of the history of the store on their website www.fao.com.

As a person who is single there are times when nothing seems more comical than over hearing a married couple’s conversation while they are shopping. When I was admiring these very large stuffed animals, pictured below, a man was trying to convince his wife of why they shouldn‘t purchase that thing. I wanted so bad to step in on his behalf and ask her to please not make her honey carry that thing all over the city. I didn’t end up staying around to hear the verdict, I just couldn’t bear it.





Walking through the store definitely was an experience, and most of all I was surprised at how reasonable the prices were.

I also saw a performance of classical music on the piano pictured here by the employees, that was quite empressive.





Today when I got home, Bradley managed to get a hold of my Ice Breaker mints.



Yes those are mints scattered on the floor, it really gave me a good hard laugh.








No comments:

Post a Comment