Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Federal Reserve Bank of New York

A few weeks ago I had signed up for a free tour at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, which took place today.

www.newyorkfed.org/aboutthefed/ny_tours.html

I got off at Wall Street, and it was a nice change of scenery.








Pictures could not be taken inside, but I had a great time, and learned so much along the way. They had a coin exhibit, and the tour ended in the gold vault, 80 feet below the street level where over 240 billion dollars in gold is kept.



For souvenirs they gave us some shredded money. I think it was a kind but somewhat humorous gesture.





I never realized before what a beautiful area of Manhattan this is, being that it is the financial district and mostly banks and businesses, I have never spent much time there. I would like to go back and explore a little more, especially this beautiful church building I walked by.



The great thing about trying all these new places, is I can know where to take my family and friends when they visit. So if you find yourself visiting me, The Federal Reserve Bank, will definitely be on your itinerary. It is a must see!

No comments:

Post a Comment