Saturday, January 9, 2010

Veterinary Care

Took Bradley to the Vet for the first time today. He has a very funny response to his carrier….both excited and scared at the same time….I guess it is the unknown.





And he never took his eyes off it….not even for a pre-vet picture..



I am not even sure where to start in describing the experience of taking my dog for his vaccines, I still feel slightly speechless. In some ways it was entertaining and in another way it was my worst nightmare. To be stuck in a waiting room full of some of the oddest people I have ever met in my life (lets keep in mind I am a social worker), was my worst nightmare. I could not have even made these characters up if I tried, and the ultimate assault to my senses was when this lady didn’t bring her dog in but instead pictures of her dogs infection and felt the need to share them with me one by one with a story, and yes that was just one interaction among many. Let’s just say I am not interested in dinner tonight. When I got home I looked up some possible inspirational quotes that they could hang in their waiting area….

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
Ann Landers

When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem.
Edward Abbey

I did leave happy that Bradley is healthy, has wonderful teeth and is weighing in at 10 lbs. Not to mention they gave me a nice folder for his documents.



The Vet said he would be tired from the vacinations and he was right zzzzzz…..

2 comments:

  1. God calls us to forgive when we have been offended, dogs have grasped this better than man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that is so true. I am very thankful for the unconditional love I receive from Bradley. I certainly don't deserve it.

    ReplyDelete