Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A New Morning

The one thing I hate about working on a Sunday is I then feel confused for the rest of the week about which day it is and thanks to some people in the neighborhood this morning, as I was half asleep leaving for work, I felt slightly confused about the month as well.



While waiting for the train decided to change up the breakfast routine and use the quarters living at the bottom of my bag.



There are two free daily newspapers that are handed out at the train stations one being the Metro and the other the A.M. I personally avoid taking the paper even though free because I find the man that hands them out at my station particularly annoying first thing in the morning. But being this is a new year I went ahead and gladly took, adding a good morning while I was at it. Change feels good. As I was walking away, I observed a cab driver pull over step out and hand the newspaper guy a cup of coffee. I paused in disbelieve of this random act of kindness. The newspaper man reached out for the coffee while saying, “You bought this for me.” The cab driver said, “Yes” and then they exchanged a few Happy New Years and God Bless you sentiments. The cab driver jumped back in his car and drove off. I smiled and as I began to walk away heard the newspaper man mumble, “I think he is trying to poison me.” Which confirmed my belief, that here in New York, no random act of kindness is received without suspicion.



I let go of my coveted…





And went for the classic New York City street vendor



Large Coffee and Everything Bagel with condiments a total of $2.50



It has been a beautifully new morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment